The duties and responsibilities of an accounting intern are :
- Clerical work – accounting interns file documents, they also pull up various client files which are needed by the accountants when they go to meet with the clients.
- Data entry work – they do various kinds of data entry work including working on various bookkeeping and also accounting software.
- General work – they photocopy documents, they answer calls as well as they organize the workspace.
- They help with audits, and when they are more tenured, accounting internships with Premium Graduate Placements, they conduct audits themselves or lead a team conducting the audit.
- They scrutinize all the financial documents of their clients
- They ensure that the information entered by the client is accurate.
- They report findings of the information entered – whether it is correct or not.
- They communicate with their peers, clients, senior team members, partners, and managers.
- They work as a team and learn to leverage the strengths of the team members
- They check for errors in the records financial report preparation
- The accounting interns also are needed to prepare different kinds of financial reports
- They work on data of the client such as account payable records, payroll information, budgets as well as various taxation documents
- They also give financial advice to clients
- They prepare reports which allow them to find out information from different sources and get a holistic picture of the health of the client from a financial point of view
- They prepare tax returns and also help with various facets of taxation including business taxes or personal taxes
- They prepare tax exemption records for their clients.
These are just some of the tasks which are taken up by accounting interns during the period of their accounting internship.