If you are a foodie then it is wise to join food tour Tokyo, so that you don’t need to research on the Japanese culinary scenario. You are a tourist and not aware about which restaurant to go and what kind of food to order. Below is a list of must-try food to enjoy, when you visit Japan.
- Ramen noodles
- Soba noodles
There are popular restaurants in Tokyo but for a single meal you don’t wish to spend significantly. However, in this guide, let’s look at a list of some less known Tokyo restaurants, where you can enjoy the must-have foods, at affordable price.
For good quality and reasonable priced sushi
- Matenzushi – They have 2 locations Nihonbashi and Tokyo station
- Sushi no Midori – Popular sushi restaurant located in many areas including Akasaka, Ginza, Shibuya, etc.
Sushi can be eaten with chopsticks or hand. It is pre-seasoned with soy-sauce or salt, when served.
For crispy and tender Yakitori
- Doromamire – In Yotsuya and Shinjuku area
- Torimitsu – Hidden gem in core of busy Shinjuku
Yakitori is actually grilled chicken skewers seasoned with salt or savory tare sauce. It is enjoyed at dinner with sake or beer.
For tasty ramen
- Ichiran – A ramen chain located on Tokyo’s major stations
- Nakamoto – Situated in 19 locations including Meguro, Shinjuku, Shibuya, etc.
- Aburagumi – Located at major stations
Many kinds of ramen are available based on broth types. They are cheap but tasty, so try it.
For savory Oknomiyaki
- Kiji – At Tokyo Station and at Shinagawa
- Monja Kura – In Tokyo’s bay area Tsukishima
Okonomiyaki is cooked on huge hot plate. It is served with salty and sweet soy sauce.
For refreshing and cold soba noodles
- Yabo soba – In Ueno, you can enjoy handmade soba noodles.
- Fuji soba – Fuji soba is a chain found on major stations and is best option for those on budget.
Soba is served as toppings or side dishes. You can enjoy light cold soba with warm juicy tempura!